The powerful antioxidant properties in turmeric are known to help ward off degenerative diseases such as cancers and arthritis and also beneficial for those suffering from digestive problems.
Chia seeds are a wonderful source of fibre, protein and fats providing an abundance of essential nutrients we need to kick-start our day.
The healthy fats in coconut help keep hunger pains at bay while honey provides a subtle sweetness with a dose of vitamin C and antioxidants.
This fool-proof recipe is so easy and makes for a delicious breakfast or dessert that you can make the night before or whip up in minutes.
- 200 ml coconut milk (or any kind of nut milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 small pinch each of ground ginger and cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon raw honey (optional)
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened dried coconut flakes
- Pour coconut milk into a serving bowl or mason jar and combine with the spices. Stir until dissolved
- Add chia seeds, stirring for 2-3 minutes
- Once mixture has thickened, drizzle with honey and sprinkle raw nuts and coconut flakes on top